25 December 2007

Ho! Ho! Ho! MERRY Christmas

Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas!

Santa's been to my place and we must have been really good this year as he brought us some wonderful things!

From Christopher I have a BEAUTIFUL framed photo of the Saginaw Water Works building lit up for Christmas. Here's a link to I think the photo that was used for it - but this one has text on it saying what it is, when it was taken, and of course Chris' copyright on it: (LINK) It is absolutely stunning, and it's now hanging in my front hallway, along with the framed sketch Kerstin did of me last year when I visited. So now my entrance way is a gallery of my kids work. When my grandson gets here, his photo will be Terry's 'artistic' addition when I put a photo up of the baby. :-)

Kerstin made me a gorgeous make up bag that fits my diabetes glucose meter and supplies PERFECTLY. You can see it at: (LINK) - and it's waterproof, so my meter will stay safe if my antibacterial hand gel accidentally spills. Good thinking!

Terry and Jennifer sent a really pretty silver bracelet with a blue stone that was tucked inside the bag. I'm wearing it now!

From Terry, I have photos from his wedding and a CD with MORE photos that I can't wait to have a look at. :-)

Rod gave me a big box with a little stick of memory in it that says its a placeholder... because ... my prezzie from him (which I asked for) is a faster motherboard & CPU. The one we ordered only comes with 1 gig memory, so the stick I opened is a place holder for another 1 gig. I am going to really enjoy the new computer guts. It's a Gigabyte Intel 945 chipset Mother Board, plus an Intel Pentium Dual Core E2140(1.6Ghz X 2). Yes that's right, Drez, it's a DUAL CORE! Unfortunately it won't be here until Thursday, but meanwhile, we'll be enjoying Rod's gift that I've spent ages working on...

Santa brought Rod the full Married with Children complete box set including specials, which was cool, but I added to that a book that I compiled and edited: The Complete Guide to Married with Children. It includes cast bios, trivia, a list of DVD edits, and the episode guides that include notes, trivia, guest and recurring stars, plus listings of goofs. It literally is a book, and I might just make a PDF of it and add it to our online store. Oh, and thanks to all the work I put into it, I'm now a Married with Children expert! LOL.

I had two secret Santa's this year through Bookcrossing and both sent me the same book! One sent some butterfly stickers, Australian dried dragon fruit and some natural soap, and the other sent Bookcrossing post-it notes and bookmarks. I'm looking forward to reading the book, 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' as I read the authors first book, 'The Kite Runner' and really thought it was so well written. The other copy will naturally be bookcrossed - that's what bookcrossing is all about! :-)

We opened gifts in the office this year (since that's where the tree is) and I set the webcams to record movies. So once I edit them down, I'll put them online. I might wait until the new motherboard and CPU is here though - it'll make the job a LOT easier. :-) :-)

So our plans for the day now are to enjoy some prawns for lunch, do a few Instant scratchies, watch some Married with Children and then for tea tonight we have a lovely Turkey roll we're looking forward to.

I hope everyone enjoys their gifts from me, and a big thank you for sending me gifts - it's been really nice to share Christmas with you!! BIG HUGS, and lots of love!

No comments: