31 May 2007

31 May: Readings & Comments


5.8 / 104 Fasting 08:25:23
6.7 / 120 Post-Bfast 11:47:28
5.7 / 102 Pre-Lunch 13:14:33
3.9 / 71 Pre-Tea 19:36:02
6.3 / 114 Post-Tea 21:42:35 Beef and Black been stirfry
5.9 / 106 Bedtime 00:05:10
6.9 / 125 Fasting 10:22:04
6.6 / 118 Pre-Lunch 12:58:05
5.3 / 96 Post-Lunch 15:09:22 sausage roll
Tonight we're off to see the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra perform the music of Queen. If it's anything like the concerts they did of Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin, we're in for a treat.

[Added Later: WOW, what a treat it was too. We had no idea when we booked our tickets that we were going to wind up in first row sets, in the center!! A bit hard to see the whole orchestra but it was excellent otherwise.]

In today's mail, I received something very very precious to me... my middle son's Graduation invitation along with a great personal invitation. I wonder if Kerstin had any invitations? Chris had told me to expect mail and that it was of great importance to him, and he's right. A few years ago he was a faceless teenager in the vast sea of Arthur Hill High School students, and next week he's graduating with honours at Omni, a much smaller, MUCH more personal school. I am so deeply proud of him for this achievement!

Rod is still waiting for a parcel from the states to arrive. I'm currently working on a website for Breaststroke (the support group I'm part of), and otherwise keeping busy.

As an experiment, I've now tried Xfce as my window manager on my recently updated Feisty Fawn Ubuntu operating system. It's lovely and light. For a day or two I played with having the background windows fade to transparent, which was cool, but it's a bit time consuming as it shifts between windows so I gave that up, but it was fun to play with.

Speaking of fun to play with, I have bought myself a sleeping kitten. No it's not real, but it looks sorta real (aside from the fact it has no whiskers!) and looks PURRfect sitting on my wood rocking chair, complete with a multicoloured afghan draped over the back of the chair. I can also pick up the curled up kitten and give it a bit of a cuddle. It's not the same as the real thing, but as furniture decorations go, it's pretty cool.

No comments: