05 June 2007

Weight Loss

Vicki put a few photos on Flicker today from her grand-daughters 11th birthday a few years ago. For her birthday, Lakita wanted to have a girls baking day, so April and I took over Vicki's kitchen with her and her sister. We made a whole day of baking lovely goodies which would be part of the goodies for her birthday party the next day. It was a wonderful day and fun to spend time with two girls. April was amazed with my patience. Yeah, right - it's hard to yell when you're full of chocolatey goodness!

What astonished me was how much weight I've lost since that piccy was taken. I've asked Vicki how old Lakita is and when I sort out how long ago the pic was taken, I'll add that info here.

It's so heartening to be able to really see some tangible progress. I know I have a lot of pairs of pants that no longer fit as they're too large, and equally as many pairs that used to be too small that do fit now, but these two photos really sum up the changes for me.

Before (2003 ?):


After (Jan 2007):

No comments: