25 August 2007

Being a Granny in a modern world

I had the most delightful surprise on my computer this morning, my son sent me an instant message to tell me the results of the ultrasound his other half had yesterday. I've recently changed the software I use for instant messages, so was surprised to see a bubble comment in the lower portion of my screen...

News for Geek Granny #1

Oh how exciting! I got a kick out of the fact that it asked me if I wanted to view or ignore it. Right... like I could ignore this kind of news!! So I clicked on the view box and it showed me... (you may have to click on it to go see the larger image)....

News for Geek Granny #2

Oh wow. I had called Rod into the room to read the screen with me and get the news at the same time.


And while I'm showing off photos, I took this picture the other morning in my back garden...

Lorikeet - cropped

The bird is a lorikeet, and so pretty. There are a few other new piccies on my flickr account, so have a mosey over there and take a look. The link is: http://www.flickr.com/photos/flitterg/.

Meanwhile, it's a bit late, so I'm headed for bed. G'night all!

No comments: