21 January 2008

Weekly Notes 13-19 Jan 2008

For quite awhile now, I've been using a note program on my computer called Baskets to keep a short journal to use when I update my glucose logs. Here are last week's entries.


Sun 13 January

Scratchy: n/a unwell

Breakfast: toasted crumpet w/ vegemite & cheese
Lunch: 2 eggs, 2 crumpet toast, bacon and mushrooms
Tea: pizza

Notes: Woke up 'ok', but got very sleep around 10:30am so went back to bed for a nap. Got up and had lunch about 1pm. Went back to bed again till about 4pm. Highest temp: 37.8c. Decided not to do walk today as obviously not really well. Wish I'd get over this. Have spent late afternoon reading Email and taking it easy.

Steps: n/a

Mon 14 January

Scratchy: IOU2Me 1 scratchy 3000+ steps

Breakfast: crumpet toast w/ vegemite & cheese
Lunch: 2 eggs, bacon, mushrooms, 1/2 bagel
Tea: Satay chicken w/ noodles

Notes: Took down Christmas decorations today, vacuumed and swept patio. I decided as I had over 3000 steps by time I finished at 11:30 that this constituted my 'walk' for the day, so I owe myself a scratchy. An otherwise quiet day. It's been over 48hrs since my gym ball was filled so I can finally use it now. Used it for about half hour tonight at my desk. I'm trying to ease into it slowly until my body/muscles get used to it. Can really feel that I'm using different muscles when sitting on it. Regarding the high after tea reading, it's probably a combination of the 3 minute noodles plus it was a different brand of Satay sauce that I used. So won't buy that brand again.

Steps: 5326

Tue 15 January

Scratchy: nada x2 (for yesterday too) 2408

Breakfast: crumpet toast w/ vegemite & cheese
Lunch: salad with leftover chicken
Tea: fish fingers (fish sticks) & carb option noodles

Notes: Took my walk early this morning. Picked up a new top for $5. Spent half an hour on gym ball at computer in the morning. Feeling pretty good at the moment. Before lunch was sorta sleepy but am awake and alert now.

Steps: 4330

Wed 16 January

Scratchy: $4 on $3. Steps ?? lost paper

Breakfast: crumpet toast w/ vegemite & cheese
Lunch: sausage roll and cottage cheese
Tea: lamb and bacon loaf

Notes: Computer club meeting. Rod had to go into TAFE (school) to get next semester's courses sorted out, so I tagged along and had him drop me at the mall. Did some retail therapy - mostly window shopping. We met at Woolies and did our weekly shopping. One nice thing - turns out Rod doesn't go back to school until Mid-February. He thought the semester started next week.

Steps: 6894

Thur 17 January

Scratchy: $15 on $3 3804

Breakfast: crumpet toast w/ vegemite & cheese
Lunch: salad, lamb, carb option noodles
Tea: KFC

Notes: Glorious day weather-wise. Did a lot of pottering around the house doing various odd jobs. Took my walk, vacuumed, etc. Rod bought my other 1gig memory today and was shocked it was only $35. So now I have 2gig memory in my computer.

Steps: 8276

Fri 18 January

Scratchy: n/a

Breakfast: crumpet toast w/ vegemite & cheese
Lunch: 2 low carb tortillas w/ cheese & onion, 1 tomato
Tea: fish & chips, watched movie (snacked).

Notes: Woke up with sinus' a bit better, but with a very sore ear (internally). The outside of the ear was very very red, hot and swollen. It's still red and swollen (not as bad though) but no longer hot. Have had ear ache all day. Would have tried to see GP but it's a Friday. Will get in to GP if still have problem on Monday. It's the left ear and also the left sinus' that are worse than the right so I think there's a definite connection. I also have a bone fragment in my gum that's trying to eventually work its way out. I'm sure it's not helping things either.

Took a nap from about 10:30am to 12pm or so. Didn't go for walk as just feeling really funky. That and it was a bit warm out today. Watched 'Looney Tunes' movie (the one w/ Brendan Frasier in it) while having tea tonight and then snacked a bit while watching. Didn't really help my BGL.

Quiet day all in all.

Steps: 4154

Sat 19 January

Scratchy: $4 on $3 3440

Breakfast: crumpet toast w/ vegemite & cheese
Lunch: 2 eggs, bacon, 1/2 bagel w/ lite cream cheese.
Tea: Fajitas (steak and cheese on 3 low carb tortillas)

Notes: Picked up Comb 12 Tissue Salts today. These are all 12 of the tissue salts in one chewable tablet. My reasoning for this is the two types I've tried - one for muscle spasms and another for sinus problems have worked very well for me. As some of the other salts help with slow healing wounds, anemia, asthma, etc., wouldn't it be great if I corrected the balance of tissue salts in my body and it helped take care of these things? My ear is much much better today, thanks in part to the sinus/glandular tissue salts I started taking on Wednesday. I read up and it did say symptoms may get worse for a day before subsiding (sometimes things just have to come to a 'head'). Anyway, it's worth a try. I've nothing to lose and improving things on a cellular basis might truly be the best thing I've tried yet. And if it doesn't help, it at least does no harm as what minerals the body doesn't use are eliminated.

Steps: 8191

No comments: