19 September 2007

Finally! I'm reachable again!

Last time I wrote about the problems I had with switching to Dodo post paid for my mobile and finally gave up with them and went to a new company named Savvytel (savvytel.com.au).

I made the switch last Thursday night, but getting my old number ported to the new one proved problematic even for the nice people at Savvytel.

It all boiled down to more poor customer service from Dodo. When I had switched to Dodo (pre-paid) sometime last year, everything had to be done through Rod because he had a driver's license and I didn't have any photo ID at all. A few months later when I got my passport, I went through the procedure to have the phone account transferred to my name. Apparently when Dodo made this change, all they did was change the NAME, not the date of birth. It's the date of birth that's used for comparison purposes when a phone number is ported from one mobile company to another. On a hunch, after thinking about the ownership issues, I gave Savvytel Rod's birth date to try and ... tonight, after nearly a week of not being able to be reached via my personal phone number, I *finally* have it back.

Kudos to Savvytel too - I've talked to them on the phone twice and both times the person I spoke with had also read my Emails -- one of which had my hunch about the birth date and gave them Rod's to try. They had already put that in motion before I rang them today.

In other news, the parcel my sister sent me last week arrived today too. I found a few extra goodies that I wasn't expecting - some butterfly notelets and a bag of OMG, SUGAR FREE Mini Reece's Peanut Butter Cups!! Yum! Other goodies included Celestial Seasonings tea for myself and my friend Vicki, my mothers watch, which I wore my entire trip to the states... until one of Diane's kitties used it as a play toy and managed to lose it under an end table. It wasn't found until after I returned to Australia. And something I'd really been wanting - two sticks of Benydryl anti-itch stuff. There's nothing here in Australia like it and it really works quite well. I came back with a stick last year, but sadly it didn't last long as it's a liquid and anything liquid tends to evaporate here. Not this time. I'm keeping these in the fridge!

There's tons of other things I'd like to write about, but for now I better get going on some items I'd like to tick off my to-do list.

No comments: