06 September 2007

Very Little Change

Today (6 September) marks 6 months since I've had this hole in my side... the links below give a bit of a history about how this started:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9

I think I've pretty much mentioned this in the journals after these days, but the above links have it from the very beginning.

I am still having RDNS nurses come in to change the dressing on my side, and today the wound was measured. It started out as being 10cm from my side to my spine. It's a very very deep wound. In the past, the RDNS nurses have measured while I've been sitting, whereas the clinic always does this while I'm on my side, which has always been a larger number than what the nurses get. So this time the nurse did the measurement while I was on my side. And the results? It's 9cm. Wow, that's a whole centimetre difference in SIX MONTHS. At this rate, I think I can call it a 'piercing' and expect to have nursing visits for the next five years. Sigh.

I didn't mope about it, but got on with my day. I was a bit more productive today as I worked rather hard at keeping myself busy... I really didn't want to dwell on the lack of healing progress. It is SO disheartening!

I did take time out in the afternoon and watched an episode of Neighbours. I have been trying to either have a half hour break watching TV or taking a nap in the afternoons lately just to give my body a chance to regroup and repair.

Speaking of regrouping and having some down time for repairs, it's time for bed.

No comments: