10 April 2007

10 April: Postcards from Strangers!

My friend Vicki wanted to cheer me up since I've been going through so much lately, and had a lovely devious plan too. She belongs Postcrossing.com and in a forum mentioned that I needed cheering up and gave my details and explained a little of what I've been through lately. Now, her plan was that I would just start receiving postcards from around the world and not know why. Well... I'm such a geek. I get my stats for my website Emailed to me daily and sometimes I even read them. One day last week (? Actually, it may have been longer, I'm not sure), I noticed some traffic on my site coming from a Postcrossing forum. Knowing Vicki was involved with this site, I fired off an Email and asked her if she knew anything about it then went back to reading the stats. Well, further down in my reading I found the actual forum link and discovered her request to send me postcards and was amazed, truly blown away, by all the messages saying they'd send me a card. Wow!

Well the first few have arrived, so I put them on Flickr (another place where Vicki has some very outstanding photos), so that I could share them with people. My link for the postcards is http://www.flickr.com/photos/flitterg/sets/72157600061246151/, but I'll be putting the scans here to be viewed too.

The first one I received, from Aoraki, Mt Cook, New Zealand:

Pcard1 - Aoraki, Mt Cook, New Zealand

This one came from Cannes, France:

pcard2 - Cannes, France

This one came from Ensisheim, which is a town in Alsace, France. It also included a butterfly stamp inside the card (this was a greeting card) from Korea:

pcard3 - From Ensisheim

This last one for today was from Vicki, and in a parcel. It actually didn't arrive with the rest of the mail, and was slightly opened, so I think it may have been delivered to another address by mistake. She sent me a lovely card, some refreshers we'd talked about some time ago, a newspaper clipping of something her daughter and granddaughters are involved with, and a cute pink Avon Breast Cancer Teddy Bear. (I'll try to put a photo below of the newest teddy in the family).

pcard4 - Butterflies

I put the Teddy with Alice, another BC bear, and you know, I just knew that Alice and 'Wally', another bear, were doing an awful lot of paw-holding and smiling. Well now I know why! You know what paw holding can lead to with Teddys!! :-)

Wally-Alice-Pink

Stay tuned for more Postcards from Strangers! :-)

And yes, these definitely put a smile on my face, and I really did need it. :-)

No comments: