05 April 2007

5 April: No News

I rang my GP at about 4:30 this afternoon, and the results of the culture were in. Apparently the culture found ordinary skin germs, but they shouldn't be in my wound. There's nothing I need to do, just continue taking the antibiotic I'm already on.

When I asked about the other test he hemmed and hawed and said he was looking for it and finally that it wasn't in. So, either that's true, or he didn't want to end the day telling me bad news. His usual method for bad news is to tell me to come in, and makes sure I have the very last appt for the day. So that leaves me hanging with the big question over the weekend, but you know, that's probably kinder the alternative. So I just have to convince myself to believe that the results really aren't in and that worrying about it is futile. Easy to say, a lot harder to do.

We have no major plans for the Easter weekend -- here in Oz we get a four day weekend. On Good Friday even the pubs close -- ALL DAY. And Monday is Easter Monday so it's also a holiday. Rod has finished this term of school as of today so no school for him until the end of the month. We might go for a drive in the car on Monday through the hills in hopes there's some Autumn colours to see. I almost talked him into how I could ride on the motorcycle if we put Boris in my backpack, but then I realised if we did get into an accident (heaven forbid), there'd be like a zillion people telling us what idiots we were taking me out on the bike with a wound. So the car it is. Damn. I really miss riding on the bike and having the wind rushing past my face, and being able to just sit there, ride and think whatever thoughts float along. I could really use that at the moment too, but first I have to heal.

My brother sent news today that his sister-in-law passed away yesterday. She had had breast cancer and had it before I did. She developed a new primary last year and had other problems as well. I'm so saddened at the loss of not just another BC sister, but also of someone I knew and respected. She will be missed. I feel for my sister-in-law too as she was very close to her sister and as she and my brother are separated I know this is an especially hard time for her.

On the brighter side, the Commodore computing community was worried today about a beloved fellow member who does so much for all the various communities by keeping everyone informed of what's happening in the world of get togethers, conventions and other news. Fortunately he is OK and was only in hospital for 14hours. Another member of the community we were worried about, a minister, we've at least heard word that he and his family are OK. There were 3 tornados that ripped through his small town of 1000 people recently. His house is damaged but OK, but most of the town has had major damage. So while the news about his town wasn't good, it was good to know he and his family are OK and we all understand that he has been extremely busy tending to both his house and no doubt to all of his congregation and town. I posted a note in the mailing list that we have for Commodore users about his situation and suggested we send him cards and letters to know that we are thinking of him and to let him know of all of our support. I hope it results in a lot of love & support for him. He's a great person.

I also wrote a short article today for a Commodore newsletter today. The program I was writing about was shareware (meaning to register it you need to send the author money and he sends you the registration details), but the author, a friend of mine, died about 10yrs ago. As this is a great program, and deserves to be used, after many years of considering it, I gave the details for my own personal registration. It will mean that anyone who uses these details will see my name on their screen along with the time when the screen saver activates, but I think that could be forgiven. And as the author can't be paid, but spent the last years of his life caring for both his parents who had alzhiemers, I strongly suggested sending a donation to any Alzhiemer charity in the authors name. So I hope the program gets used by more people and appreciated, and that people will respond and send a few Alzhiemer charities some money.

So I think karma-wise, I've done some good today, rather than spending all of my time brooding and worrying.

No comments: