17 April 2007

17 April: This and That

My little boy's growing up! See: link


Nothing much new to report. I wrote an article last night and today. Am now letting it 'rest' so I can come back and edit it with fresh eyes. Last night our neighbour visited and posed a challenge to us. He had a bet with a friend and wanted to know how many languages there are in the world, and how many words are there, in all languages. The answer to the first one we could find - it's 6.912. But the second is an impossible question because so many languages are merges of other languages. So the answer is 'infinite'. Still interesting stuff. He's a real Aussie bloke and quite a character. A very nice distraction although sometimes the timing isn't all that great. Still, I'd do anything for our neighbours as they're exactly the same with us.

I had a good sleep last night and awoke to the doorbell - my nurse came earlier than usual today. It was good to get that over with for the day right away though. Yesterday and today she's used a 'barrier wipe' on my skin before putting the tape on and it really has helped me stop being itchy anywhere the adhesive meets my skin.

Yesterday I had a few postcards arrive, and then later in the day I had a book arrive in the mail too. It was a book I've read that was on my Wishlist, as its one I'd like to keep. The title is "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" by Mitch Albom. The really amazing thing about this particular book is that it was first purchased in Tehran, Iran. The person who bought it registered it on bookcrossing.com and then sent it over here to someone in Australia, eventually winding it's way to me. What an amazing journey!

Today I had a few more postcards and a lovely card from my daughter (which she designed the artwork for) as well as a photo of her and her fiance. You can view the postcards as well as the card and photo on Flickr.

For the last two weeks in the paper there's been a voucher for a free 9in pizza at a new pizza place that's just opened in Woodcroft. It was one free pizza per person per voucher, so Rod and I each got a pizza for tea tonight. We had to stand in a long line for it, but the owner brought around soft drinks and we even had a free slice of pizza while waiting in line. It was excellent pizza too. What a very successful opening they've had today.

Well, I need to get back to work so I'll mosey on out of here.

No comments: