02 April 2007

2 April: Readings & Comments


5.8 / 105 Fasting 09:03:42 Done at Drs Office. Had HBA1C blood test.
6.2 / 111 Pre-Lunch 13:26:38
5.4 / 97 Pre-Tea 17:54:07 Decided to start having tea an hour earlier
6.7 / 120 Post-Tea 20:20:51 2 skinless grilled sausages & pasta. Green tea.
We both missed our alarms this morning and woke up 8:30! Rod normally leaves at that time, and my doctors appointment was at 8:40. It wasn't too bad for me - I couldn't have a cuppa tea or breakfast anyway since I was fasting, but Rod ended going without breakfast or lunch till he got home around 1:30 today.

I had my tests done, and was weighed. Before he looked at my nice print out of the stats from my website he commented that being sick and feverish helped me to loose 3kilos. AHEM, those 3 kilos came off from eating a proper diet as evidenced by my excellent readings... but I let it go.

I will hopefully get the tests Wednesday afternoon. If I'm unable to go (will cover that in a bit) Rod will go for me for the results.

There's a small coffee shop near the Drs office that 2 of my brother in laws have commented on how nice it is, so I stopped there and had a mocachino and an apple muffin before walking home. Wow, was there a lot of caffiene in that mocachino! And to think I only had 1 shot of coffee in it instead of two!! I was buzzing around for hours after that. I got home just in time for Michelle's phone call and she'd come in the next half hour to change my dressing. I got towels in the wash and other mundane things going before she came.

There's some uncertainty about what will happen on Wednesday. Michelle said they might not reattach Boris to me if they plan to do surgery. The other thing is that this is Easter weekend coming up and there won't be any RDNS staff trained to do the VAC dressing. So I'm a bit concerned I could end up having surgery before the weekend. Talk about feeling in limbo!!! So its possible I might not even come home from the Wednesday appointment at Flinders - they might just admit me and get things started. I sure wish I had a crystal ball right now.

And Boris is quiet today and now I'm worried he's not working right after having been a noisy hog all weekend. Maybe he doesn't like Mondays either.

Tonight we're having left over pizza tonight & watching Family Guy and Stargate Atlantis so we better hop to it.

No comments: