27 February 2007

27 Feb: Readings & Comments


9.4 / 169.2 Fasting 08:10:00
7.9 / 142.2 Post-Breakfast 11:16:00
7.5 / 135.0 Pre-Lunch 12:03:00
8.3 / 149.4 Post-Lunch 14:13:00
9.8 / 176.4 Pre-Snack 15:20:00
10.4 / 187.2 Random 20:18:00

I went to the doctor today and he confirmed I have a 'shocking' sinus infection, so my bgl readings are going to be off for the next few days until my body recovers. So I'm not running any experiments on my food or exercise, but I am monitoring using both my old and new monitors. So far the new one is consistently giving lower results than the old, which is good because it's the most accurate in Australia. If you know where my site is, you'll have to read the comments on the BGL page(s) to see the new monitor results. Sorry, I'm just not up to adding them here.

I have everything I need to make use of the data cable to make entering details into my own database from the new monitor quite easy. Am just really pleased about that. (As pleased as one can be when one's head feels like a lead balloon about to pop).

So far I find the new monitor to require much gentler handling. I'll have to get used to that, but I'm sure I will. And it's so fast. Testing the same drop of blood, the test is done on the new one before I've even got the whole sample for the old monitor.

Was out in the morning running errands. Took bus home. Walked to the doctors today, so that shows my back is really improving with the physio. Rod is exhausted tonight and is already in bed. So I best be joining him. Still feel crap, but not as bad as over the weekend. On antibiotics. Oh, this puts off my 3 monthly HBA1C test for a few weeks, since the results are going to be skewed from the infection.

No comments: