26 February 2007

Lost weekend

Well the overall exhaustion I had on Friday didn't even start to ease up until sometime early Sunday evening. Weekend? What weekend? I spent mine running a fever of up to 39.2 (never had any that high the whole time I've been in Australia) and as low as 35.5 (what the heck), and alternately swimming in a sea of sweat, waking up totally drenched and chivvering, or hotter than heck and not sweating. Every joint seemed to hurt. But the key was probably my neck and head. I think I've boiled it down to a very bad sinus infection. I see the doctor tomorrow. As is common with running a fever (thank goodnes I knew this already), my gluclose levels were also all over the place. I finally gave up on trying to eat toast or crackers (wasn't staying awake long enough) and let myself sip on a can of Orange Sunkist (not diet, not sugar free). It seemed to help as by the end of the day I was able to stay up and have tea with Rod and sit at the computer for about 10 minutes.

Physio went well today, and then I had an appointment with the doctor who did my reconstruction. I'm now on a waiting list (about a year) for a bit of finishing work to be done. One side reduced and the other side will get its missing part.

Everything I wanted to do on Friday got done today, including picking the new strips for my new meter. I had to go across town to a different chemist for them, but thanks to my previous bus route I was able to get right where I needed to be. And turns out when my other half finished his classes where he needed to be was right in the same block as where I was. A happy reunion all around! When we got home, joy of joys my new meter (or the parcel for it) was just peeking out of the letterbox to say hello.

So I've played with it, and used both it and my old one at the same time. Turns out, this meter is reading about .6 lower than my old one, and the new one is the most accurate you can get in Australia. And it's much faster too. Old: 15 seconds, New: 5 seconds. But, I'm a bit loath to add my records from the weekend. And even this morning's was quite high. I suppose I will though, because I do want an idea what my possible hba1c will be in a few weeks, I hate to though. I was doing SO well. Still what good is a chart if it's not kept up to date with the correct data?

Anyway, I have HEAPS to catch up on and get done so better get to it so I can actually get the levels from this weekend added.

No comments: