19 February 2008

Blah!

So I saw the doctor yesterday afternoon and he did a swab, commenting that the exudate is green (a sign of infection). I'm back on antibiotics. I wasn't well enough to get across to him that if we did something about the high BGLs it might be better for the overall situation. I don't think he knows I can handle insulin on my own. A year ago in the hospital they had me on a sliding scale with insulin. As in, if my BGL was at certain levels that would decide how much insulin I'd receive. It's not like being on insulin permanently, it's just during the crisis. Anyway, I didn't even get the sliding scale insulin part of my question.

Afterwards, I came home and vegged for the rest of the day/night. It's HOT. Yesterday it got up to 35.9c/96.62f and today it's expected to reach 36c or higher. One good thing about today is a cool change is supposed to come through in the late afternoon. Anyway, running a fever when it's hot is just evil.

I'm surprised I'm at the computer at the moment. I don't know how long I'll manage to stay upright, but when I've reached my limit, I'll definitely retreat to the coolness of my bedroom.

No comments: