21 February 2008

The results are in ...

I've only got a minimum of time to write this before the new antibiotics kick in and make me drowsy.

The swab test showed that my infection is from a pseudomonas (pronounced "sudamonas") bacteria. From what I've gathered reading on-line sources, I wouldn't be surprised if it's also the source of my bronchitis. It loves wet environments and both my wound and respiratory system would be places it'd be quite happy to thrive in. I picked up a new prescription of antibiotics to deal with it (Ciprofloxacin or 'Cipro'), and look forward to feeling much better soon.

One of its side effects is kicking my butt (drowsiness), so it means I actually have to leave the computer and go veg while it does it's job. I take my next dose in about half an hour and going from my first dose this afternoon, I have about an hour before it tells me to take a hike and get out of its way. As long as it gets me better, I don't care.

Not much else to type about at the moment, but I know this update was an important one to do.

No comments: