18 February 2008

I really don't know what to think

For the last week or so I've had a low grade fever and high glucose readings. Last Tuesday was the highest with two readings in the 20's. At the same time, very gradually the fluid in my back has increased to the point where this morning it feels as though the skin is going to burst. It hurts, itches and burns all at the same time. I will be making an appt to see the GP this morning (it's just after 7am at the moment - can't sleep), and the RDNS nurse is also scheduled for today. Being this is February and it was the end of last Feb that I had very similar symptoms - high glucose readings with low fever and slowly expanding fluid in my back, I really am trying not to think the very worst, but at the same time I have all sorts of contingency plans running through my head. I'd like to put it out of my mind, but because the pressure in my back is so intense, it's a bit hard to concentrate on anything else.

I just viewed some new pics and videos of my grandson - that really helped for a few minutes, but alas, I came to the end of the new files all too soon. And viewed them again twice. :-)

Anyway, just thought I'd get some of my thoughts on paper so they aren't rattling around in my head all day.

No comments: