24 February 2008

Thurs - Sat 21-23 Feb 2008

Thur 21 Feb

Scratchy: $4 on $3. 5504 steps

Breakfast: crumpet toast w/ vegemite & cheese
Lunch: noodle bar lunch dish
Tea: KFC

Notes: Quiet morning. Nurse came later than usual. She was able to get results from doctor. It's an infection caused by pseudomonas bacteria. I later picked up a prescription for a specific antibiotic while I was on my walk and have started it. Unfortunately it makes a me bit woozy, but if I need to chill out so it can do its job I don't mind. As long as it works.

Caught up on watching episodes of Neigbours (an Aussie soap) that I've been behind on watching.

Steps: 6945



Fri 22 Feb

Scratchy: I owe myself one

Breakfast: crumpet toast w/ vegemite & cheese
Lunch: sausage roll w/ cottage cheese
Tea: fish & chips from Jimmy's Deli

Notes: I could kick myself. Was a nice cool but windy day and I opened the windows up. My lounge room (and other areas) are coated in a fine red dirt. ARG! As we don't use the living room I've closed it off until I can fully vac everything from top to bottom. What really ticks me off is last week I vac'ed and dusted in there.

I made the very wrong assumption that as we'd had a morning of rain that the dirt would have been 'tamped' by the rain. Well, not in Australia.

Rod and I worked on the patio today. I got the cobwebs out of the way (these grow like snow accumulates in Michigan, I swear), and gave the furniture a good dusting off and he used the blower/vac to get the dirt and leaves out of the way. Looks great.

Steps: 10,382



Sat 23 Feb

Scratchy: still owe myself.

Learners Permit Theory Test Practice Scores:

Give Way Test: 7 of 8 correct (8 required)
Multiple Choice: 40 out of 42 correct (32 required)

Breakfast: crumpet toast w/ vegemite & cheese
Lunch: 2 eggs with bacon, 2 crumpet toasts,
Tea: stir-fry steak & veggies in oyster sauce

Notes: Ricky is 1 month old. Spent morning vacuuming after dirt got blown in yesterday. Have done the office, dining room, kitchen, hallway, entrance. Just as I reached the living room, the RDNS nurse came, so I put vac and cord in the room and closed the doors off to it. My plan was to get back to it after todays walk, but that didn't happen. The nurse came, we had lunch, and then I was just going to have a quick nap before my walk and I slept through the entire afternoon. Those new antibiotics really do quite a good job of getting me to rest while it does it's work. Bit annoying as my plans for the day are shot, but I was quite worn out at the time I lied down so I guess I must have needed it.

Steps: 3787 so far

No comments: