19 February 2008

Weekly Diary Entries 22 Jan - 2 Feb

Sun 27 January

Scratchy: $4 on $3 7356

Breakfast: crumpet toast w/ vegemite & cheese
Lunch: 2 eggs, 2 crumpet toasts, bacon
Tea: Nandos chicken

Notes: Went to Glenelg in the afternoon and walked around. Had tea at Nandos (never tried before) and then had a short cappichino at Starbucks. Excellent. Took pics that are up on Flickr.


Steps: 7356

--------------

Mon 28 January

Scratchy: I owe myself one. 3421

Breakfast: crumpet toast w/ vegemite & cheese
Lunch: sausage roll w/ cottage cheese
Tea: pizza

Steps: 3421

--------------

Tue 29 January

Scratchy: nada 3400

Breakfast: crumpet toast w/ vegemite & cheese
Lunch: sausage roll and salmon spread
Tea: ham and veggie curry over low carb noodles

Did lots of wandering around shops today as was a pleasant day and I didn't feel in a rush.


Steps: 5591

--------------

Wed 30 January

Scratchy: nada. 7536

Breakfast: crumpet toast w/ vegemite & cheese
Lunch: sausage roll and slice of cheese
Tea: schnitzel, chips and 4 small egg rolls

Notes: Got new desk! I love it! Will describe it later though as it's still not finished being built yet as of this morning (Thursday), but enough I can check mail with. Did LOTS of walking today.


Steps: 11,591 !!!

--------------

Thur 31 January

Scratchy: $4 on $3 3949

Breakfast: crumpet toast w/ vegemite & cheese
Lunch: 1/2 bagel w/ lite cream cheese, slice colby cheese, kabana
Tea: satay chicken and veg stirfry, carb options noodles

Rod finished getting my desk together and we discovered it has a hidden slide for the mouse 'pad' - it slides out from the right or left side of the slide out keyboard table. This desk has two bookshelves across the centre, 3 drawers on the side, and 4 cubby hole type shelves. It also has a slide out additional desk area on the left hand side. It's a 'kids' model, but sturdy, not too kiddy looking, and the key things are that it's height is right for me (ie I'm short and for once the table where I type isn't too high), and it has all the bits I've wanted in a desk. I only went into Target to look for an insulated drink bottle since I'd lost mine at Glenelg on the weekend. Instead, I saw this desk and fell in love with it. Little did we know it was going to take Rod all evening plus some today to get it together. Lots of bits and pieces. Like about 3 kilos worth of screws alone.

So instead of playing with my new desk and getting used to it, because of the mess made in installing it, I spent the day vacuuming, wiping surfaces and other wise doing housework when I really wanted to come bang on the keys!!

The cubby holes and shelves are still mostly empty but no worries, they'll get filled up.

Steps: 8674

--------------

Fri 1 February

Scratchy: nada. 7876

Breakfast: crumpet toast w/ vegemite & cheese
Lunch: 1/2 bagel w/ lite cream cheese and cottage cheese.
Tea: cheap meal at chinese food court at Central Market

Great day. Went to Breastroke meeting and showed off piccies of little Ricky (must get used to calling him that), took photos for the Breastroke website. Rod picked me up and we went to the Central Market where we had a $5 tea (split between the two of us!) and then had a lovely time shopping, having retail therapy and getting my walking in for the day. Updated my Random Experiments blog when I got home. Nice readings today too.

Steps: 8322

--------------

Sat 2 February

Scratchy: nada 4548

Learners Permit Theory Test Practice Scores:

Give Way Test: 3 of 8 correct (8 required)
Multiple Choice: 36 out of 42 correct (32 required)

Breakfast: crumpet toast w/ vegemite & cheese
Lunch: Mexican schnitzel and salad
Tea: black bean steak stir-fry, carb options noodles

Out to lunch with the Lunch Group. Went to Bunnings to have daily walk.

As Kirstie, a daughter of my friend,s is enrolling in a course at Hackham community centre that's 5 weeks long to do the first things required to get a drivers learning permit, I asked if she'd mind if I attended too and she was fine with it. The course starts on the 20th Feb and means I'll be in class every Wednesday for 5 weeks. Total cost, including the required road rules theory test, is $50.

After that I'll have my learners permit and Rod can be my qualified supervising driver. It'll still be a couple of years or more before I get a full drivers license, but it's a good start. So today I bought 'The Drivers Handbook' which is also a required item for the course and it has all the items that are on the theory test covered. I'll be studying it and taking the online test at the RAA website on a regular basis to get familiar with the test questions and answers. It'll be interesting to see how I improve on the test over time. And the best thing about this is that I won't be doing it ALONE. Kirstie is 2yrs younger than my daughter and we get along quite well.

If you're interested in seeing what's in the book just to compare countries, a PDF version is here:
The Drivers Handbook PDF

The practice tests are available here: RAA practice tests


Heh. I just tried my luck on the RAA practice tests and got only 3 of 8 correct on the Give Way questions.
(Later ... turns out my browser wasn't showing the indicator lights on the cars. BIG help with that missing bit of info!)

Steps: 6315

No comments: