21 July 2008

Mon 21 July

07:24:00   6.5  / 117  Fasting
13:48:00 5.6 / 101 Pre-Lunch
16:54:00 4.6 / 83 Post-Lunch
20:28:00 6.6 / 119 Post-Tea

Driving Totals:
* Daytime: 1345 mins of 2400 req
* Nighttime: 585 mins of 600 req

Total Steps: 5565

Bike:
* 5.15 mins after lunch
* 5.30 mins after tea

Breakfast: bran pancake
Lunch: tuna and low carb japanese noodles, salad.
Tea: black bean beef stirfry, pork in plum sauce, noodles (take-away)

Notes: This morning I had an appointment with Dr. Ling, as opposed to my regular GP as he's on vacation. She is so thorough, and gentle. I made the appointment because of needing scripts to be re-done, but as I had the sinus problems over the weekend (and for the last few weeks in general), and as she asked, I told her about it, and then the rib/side pain and that my breast still hurts, etc. She listened to my heart, my lungs (which are clear, so the gunk is all from my sinus'), checked my sides and reassured me that these are muscular pains probably from coughing, and checked my ears, throat and nose. I have a lot of fluid behind both ears. That explains a lot too. So I'm back on antibiotics, and she redid all the scripts that needed redoing. She asked if there was anything else that needed attention, and as you know I've been considering switching to her, and this appointment really showed me the difference, so I asked if I could be her patient and she was delighted. She went over a few notes about my history, and I'll do the full exam thing that they have which includes a full family history, etc. We'll schedule that for after I've had a bone denisity test, which she says I need as I've been on tamoxifen for the breast cancer and its important to get a baseline done. She weighed me, and I like her scales better than mine. (LOL). Anyway, I am pleased I made the decision. And yes, for family members reading this, I know... I was brought into the world by a Dr. Ling. No relation, though. :-)

While waiting to have my scripts filled, I browsed the aisles at Coles (grocery store) and as I was by myself, as I did a month or so ago with pasta's, I went on a label reading spree for low carb snacks. I actually found some too... but to my surprise, the rice crackers are NOT low carb, by a long shot. However, Pringles makes a 'lite' Rice chip that IS low carb... only 15g carbs / 100g. Compared to 85g carbs / 100g for any of the rice crackers. So I bought a couple of cans and had a couple chips with lunch. Very tasty too. MUCH nicer than rice crackers.

Lately I've had a knack for people, mostly of the 'senior citizen' age group, simply start talking to me as if they've known me for a long time. Saturday it was a 78yr old lady who sat down next to me as I was taking off my wind cheater and stuffing it into my shopping bag, if it weren't for her great-grandson offering a distraction, I'd probably still be there listening. Today it was another older lady looking for a whistling tea kettle, which I helped her find. And on the way home, I stopped to take a pic of a lost shopping cart (we call them 'trolleys' here), and a fellow walking by asked what I was taking a picture of, so I showed him the pic and explained about the Monthly Scavenger Hunt and that I had plans to use the pic as an example of something that's a '4Wheeler'. He was amused.

The rest of my day has been working on a site migration (no not my website, another one). My friend Patty dropped by with some clothes for me, via her Mum. Very nice tops all for winter, which I really really need. Well needed as I think I'm pretty well set now.
Rod had to go return something so I told him if the chinese place was open to pick us up some tea. Otherwise pick up some marinara mix so I could make seafood stirfry. Luckily the chinese place was open and so no cooking for me tonight. :-) And what with the exercise bike, I had an excellent after tea reading too. Very pleased about that.

And, the latest scratchy ticket out at the moment is a double crossword one for $5. Last week I bought one and used it for 2 days. I did the first game one day, and saved the next one for after my next walk, and I won $11. Saturday I picked up another one and after I got home today I finished the 2nd game. Another $11. Neat.


Link(s): Perfect Choc Chip Cookies - Just looking at the pic on this story, and reading the description... OMG, what a diet wrecker!

No comments: