18 July 2008

Thur 17 July

08:00:00   7.2  / 129  Fasting   
16:58:00 6.4 / 115 Post-Lunch
21:48:00 8.3 / 149 Post-Tea


Driving Totals:
* Daytime: 1290 mins of 2400 req
* Nighttime: 585 mins of 600 req

Total Steps: 2733

Breakfast: half toasted cheese sandwich on low GI bread
Lunch: sausage roll and cottage cheese
Tea: kfc - chicken and 1 whole wheat roll

Notes: Got up this morning and did my usual routine but had a sinus headache and my right side (where the hole is) was hurting and I felt a bit groggy so I went back to bed until 11:30.

Today I had my 2nd laser and MLD therapy. She noted that the area around the bandaging looked bit swollen and made sure the laser was directed on that whole area. There are actually a few areas that are laser-ed... my wound, the scars on my back and the scars on my reconstruction. During treatment I mentioned the sinus thing and she spent a few minutes doing some therapy on my face, neck and scalp. OOoo, nice. She said it wasn't a full treatment but I'm welcome to come in for a full one anytime. Nice to know. And it did help. It seemed like my side hurt more after treatment, but that could just be a perception thing. It was sore before I had treatment and is still sore tonight. And the weather sucks so my arthritis is being unhappy as well. Tonight it's my right hip aching. Tomorrow it'll be something else. I'm learning that this is just the way it is with me.

I drove to the appointment, and then Rod drove himself home, and I took the bus home. I made a stop off at O'Halloran Hill to pick up some of the Asian noodles that are extremely low carb, and picked up some Vietnamese cold rolls for our snack tonight. I took a few pics of the beautiful green (because it's winter and rainy) paddock across the road, including a few shots with the sheep in it, but didn't cross the road and do a good job as it was really windy and it was a bitter cold wind. And there I was with a very heavy bag, no glove, no scarves, no jumper, no jacket. UGH! It seemed like a very long 15 minute wait. It took an hour after I was home before my ears stopped hurting.

Our plan was to do shopping tonight (Thurs nights the stores are open until 9pm), which would have given me the last few minutes I need for night time driving, but we decided to stay home instead. We can grocery shopping tomorrow after my RDNS appointment. I'm kind of glad of that since I was/am quite sore still and this allowed me to take a Panadeine Forte to help with the pain. And it has helped.

My evening has been spent going through my photo archives looking for scavenger hunt items. I only have about 4 more items/pics to find.

And, last night after I did my blog, I made a discovery -- the USB cable for my new pedometer ALSO happens to fit my freebie glucose meter - the small one that's a bit like a long thick pen. Now I just need to get the software for it installed. I've run into a little problem with that though, so I'll have another go with it tomorrow. Nice find though - it sure beats paying $29 for the cable.

Link(s): none today. Haven't had a chance to read all my RSS feeds today. Normally I do that in the morning.

No comments: