02 March 2007

Quick word with doctor

I couldn't get in to see the doctor today - he's booked solid. And it's just as well because it's 37 outside, with not a bit of humidity. You people in Georgia might think that's a good thing, but when the wind comes straight from the desert north you really know you're not in Georgia or Michigan.

So I asked the receptionist and she put me on hold until he could come to the phone and he said what I'm taking should be fine, but the most important thing for me to do is to be careful about eating so that the diabetes doesn't further complicate things and make it even worse.

Am better than I felt this morning. My other half came home from his uni courses and is now sound asleep snoring. We're due for a cool sea change (when the wind shifts from the hot north to coming from the cool antartic south) this evening. Can't wait.

Meanwhile I'm just puttering ... in the real world as well as at the computer. Doing things as I feel like it and often quiting just as quickly (when I'm not well my attention span is worse than a kid with ADD, I swear, and I should know).

Off for a smoke and then maybe chop some of the mini apples we have (from our own trees) and try them in the new food processor along with some plain SF yogurt and cinnamon. Sounds tasty, and cold. And maybe chop some more apples and make some homemade applesauce that's not made with sugar.

No comments: