12 March 2007

12 Mar: Readings & Comments

7.2    / 130    Bedtime      23:47:16
5.9 / 107 Overnight 03:39:23
6.4 / 116 Fasting 08:21:44
6.3 / 113 Random 09:41:16
10.0 / 180 Post-Tea 21:19:56
I'm home and recupperating from having emergency surgery last Tuesday night to open and drain a large abscess that formed on the right hand side of my back. Basically I had cellulitis (a skin infection) that didn't respond to the antibiotics I was on that formed an abscess underneath the area of my back where I'd had surgery 2yrs ago for a breast reconstruction (tissue was moved from my back to my front to form the reconstruction). It is a large deep wound that they are healing from the inside out as to avoid a recurrence of the infection. According to one of my nurses that come in daily to change the dressings, this had to have been brewing 'for months'.

I came home from the hospital on Friday and I've been taking it very easy as I'm not really up to doing much. Unfortunately the last two days I haven't felt very good at all - very fatigued - and I have a swollen gland under my chin, so I don't know what's up with that. Currently I'm just pretty much taking things a day at a time and doing a lot of sudoku puzzles and reading a lot.

No comments: