05 March 2007

It's worse. But something is being done

Tonight the swelling has popped the seams of my scars in back. The redness, hotness and swelling covers the entire area where I had the reconstruction surgury in back, and is wrapping around the side. I *walked* to see a doctor today (it's not far, but when you feel like crap, it's a challenge). My doctor was booked full. So I saw this other guy who didn't think it was cellulitis but ordered blood tests and a chest xray. Of most interest is that he is having dinner tonight with the two men who did my original surgeries, so he'll be describing it to them and getting their view point. And he's never seen anything like it.

I'm still running a fever, I still feel like crap, and now the skin on my back hurts at every move. Earlier today it didn't hurt sitting in the car. Tonight it's seemed to have grown a new swollen bit that made me 'uncomfortable' all the way home.

We went to a free seminar for a free feed tonight all about how to make money on the internet. What a bunch of scammers, but people were going for it. Still, after 90 minutes of BS, the food was good. I so could have done with just a night at home though. http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/734301

I have to organise a ride for my doctor appt tomorrow morning. Today that didn't work so well - our neighbours are always home... but not this morning.

I'm going to do my BGLs (convert them from the monitor to the computer), but won't do a posting here. The values are definitely out of range (normally for being ill). I have been trying to be good and have nutritious food, but I have to admit, most of the time I can't even be bothered to make myself a cuppa tea.

No comments: