01 May 2008

Thur 1 May

09:47:00   6.4  / 115  Fasting   
12:29:00 6.3 / 114 Post-Bfast
16:19:00 7.9 / 142 Post-Lunch
21:55:00 6.4 / 115 Post-Tea

Driving Totals: Daytime: 580 mins of 2400 req // Nighttime: 250 mins of 600 req
20 min this morning. 50 min tonight

W: 90

Scratchy: None. Lots of walking today though

Total Steps: 6628

Breakfast: half toasted cheese sandwich
Lunch: 1/2 ramen noodle cake in seafood bisque (Cuppa Soup) w/ cottage cheese
Tea: China Cafe: thin noodles, bbq pork in plum sauce, steak & black bean sauce

Notes:

Well you know, there's a silver lining. My appointment with the Plastics Treatment room went very well today. I showed the doctor the print out from the pharmacy with all of the antibiotics I've been on the last 13 months and we discussed the fact that as soon as I'd finish a treatment, the problems would be right back again, which apparently psueodomonas (the type of infection that I have) is one bug that this is one of its characteristics. So we're taking a different approach by using a silver dressing (Aquacel AG), and continue to use another silver product (Acticoat) after the wound is exudating less. This should give it the best chance to heal and resolve the psuedomonas infection issue at the same time. I found a really excellent website that explains what the Aquacel AG does, how it works, etc. With animation even. Here's the link: Aquacel AG

I really feel I was listened to, respected, and that alternative solutions were put forward that has better options than surgery/no surgery. I did express what the two GPs have said, and found out that my breast surgeon has had a meeting with the plastics group on the subject of me, and whether or not going back in is a viable consideration. Apparently this took place in either January or February. Nice of anyone to have let me or my GP who raised this issue with the breast surgeon, know about it, or it's outcome. Anyway, I'm just glad a dialogue took place.

So, it looks like I'll be off the antibiotic merry go-round for a bit. Won't that be nice?!

The rest of my day was spent being busy working on a couple of different projects. Rod came home from school around 5, and we left to do our weekly shopping around 6 or so, after it was dark so I could do some night driving. We picked up a 2 gig SD card that was on sale, so now I'm transferring my photos and music to it so I can use it in my photo frame. This frees up my 4gig flash drive to use for copying videos to it to watch on the photo frame. So now I'll always have music and photos available on the frame (it has multiple slots for various types of memory).

On my suggestion, we had tea at Cafe China, where we sometimes pick up take-away. So instead of getting the same meal 'to go', we ate there instead. My thoughts were that this would make sure we didn't shop on an empty stomach, wouldn't be having a late tea, and could maybe walk off some of the meal since we'd be grocery shopping. It worked a real treat (my after tea BGL was only 6.4). Of course, at the shopping centre, I parked on the opposite side of the building from where we needed to be, so that gave us both some extra steps too.

Well it's a bit late now and if I don't stop here I could be sound asleep at the keyboard in the next 5 minutes.

No comments: