22 March 2007

Vacuum Sealed?

Always willing to be a guinea pig for cool techy things, a doctor said he'd really like to see my wound in back with a vac pack on it and away they all went to sort out the details. Apparently it will be something inside my wound, plus outside it, along with a little machine that keeps it vacuum sealed. How interesting.

What I really wanted, and didn't get yet was antibiotics, but hopefully tomorrow. They did note that I was very white (I really am feeling like crud) and so ordered a blood test to test to see if I'm still anemic. I've been taking iron tablets, but ran out of those night before last. I was very anemic earlier when I first went in with the abscess so should be interesting to see what the results are. I also had them send a copy of the results to my GP ... it's so cool they use Email for these things these days.

They took out the other stitches today. But no, aren't going to stitch up the other yet and i'm glad of that.

Anyway, I'm feeling like crud, so will go unpack our new doona and pillows and hopefully go visit fairlyand. ZZZzzz.

No comments: