25 March 2007

Middle of the Night

Well it's 3:45am or 4:45am if it were yesterday (we changed the clocks here tonight). I woke up ITCHY where the tape over my wound is, and so rubbed some cortisone cream around the tape and then followed up by using my favourite moisturizer cream on my back as well, then took an additional Telfast 180mg tablet - I'd taken one at midnight. For those of you in the USA, Telfast is Fexofenadine Hydrochloride (Allegra) and is a non-drowsy antihistamine. Since I was by then awake, I got up and took my BGL - it was 8! So I'm having my 3rd cup of tea as I type.

All my administrations worked as I'm no longer as intensely itchy. It's still itchy, but not nearly as bad as it had been. It's nearly tolerable now. Frustrating. I worry that the tape thats used to seal everything is something I'm allergic to.

I also noticed that I seemed to bde generating a lot more exudate (that's fluid from the wound area), but it could have been just the difference from having been sleeping and sitting up and moving. I've often noticed more leakage (before the vacuum system) when I become more active after having been inactive for a little while. I have to admit to a bit of fascination when there is fluid in the tubing - I sorta enjoy watching it get moved through the tubes and sucked into the back of 'Boreass' (the VAC machine). I reckon the tubing should have lights. It'd be more fun to watch. :-)

Anyway, just had a yawn. Will go have a smoke (it's only 12c outside - COLD) and then back to bed.

No comments: