25 March 2007

25 Mar: Readings & Comments


5.3 / 95 Bedtime 00:07:14
8.0 / 144 Overnight 03:18:37
6.3 / 114 Overnight 05:17:49
5.9 / 106 Overnight 08:03:31
5.3 / 96 Fasting 11:17:21
5.9 / 106 Pre-Lunch 14:12:41
5.3 / 95 Random 18:05:02
5.1 / 92 Pre-Tea 18:58:33
5.3 / 95 Random 20:07:22
7.1 / 127 Post-Tea 21:19:51
As mentioned in the previous entry, I woke up VERY itchy in the night and also had a fairly high BGL considering my current lowered BGLs the last few weeks. I stayed up and drank a few cups of green tea and got the readings down. The odd thing is, there's a reading at 8am that I don't even remember doing. How odd.

We had a BBQ lunch with friends today. It was lovely and we took a bottle of wine to share. I had a moment of intense dizziness later in the day (6pm or so) and did a reading, but my glucose was fine. It passed quickly. I do wonder as I'm still not as well as I think I should be, and I look pale in the mirror, at least to me.

Anyway, for tea we had left over pizza from last week that I was clever enough to pull out of the freezer earlier today. I went to check what time I did my pre-tea reading by checking the monitor and absent-mindedly pricked my finger since I had the case open without even thinking about it. So I had a random reading about an hour after tea - I wasn't going to waste the drop of blood! So that's 2 readings I did today that were without my thinking about it - the one at 8am that I must have been up to go to the loo or something, and the one after tea that was just doing things by rote. It's a worry.

So my post-tea reading was a little 'high' at 7.1, but considering it USED to be twice that when I had pizza, I think I'm making process. And 7.1 is only 2 points higher than my pre reading so that's actually quite good, and it's below any danger marks (at 7.7 your body is being damaged), so all in all I'm pleased.

Tomorrow the RDNS nurse, Michelle (who is now my regular week nurse) will be coming in and doing a dressing change. I'm not looking forward to it - it's basically everything in that step-by-step photo in a previous entry), but I'd be freaking out about it even more if I didn't know who it was that would be doing the change. I like and trust Michelle.

No comments: