15 March 2007

15 Mar: Comments

I'm nearly out of testing strips - I've ordered some that should be here by tomorrow, hopefully, so meanwhile I haven't done a lot of testing. Just my fasting and once this afternoon when I was feeling really off (I was very very late in having lunch).

Tuesday I put in my fortnight centrelink form and gave them the medical certificate that came in the mail on Tuesday. Ugh! It had a trick question on it ... "can patient look for work 8 hours a week". I don't have to look for work. I'm on a Personal Support Program. Didn't matter, the bitch doing my paper work said:

Oh, we have to report this and no we won't accept this medical certificate.
So we said give it back. we'll bring in a correct one.
No she said, it's in our possession now I have to file it.
But it's no good - what's the point?
Doesn't matter. You just go get another one from your GP, but this one has to be filed.

I should have stood up and showed her the gaping hole (it's 10 inches DEEP!).

So yesterday in the mail arrived another medical certificate from Flinders. This was a slightly different form that still had the trick question on it, but in another place (and filled out correctly), and was for the same time period as the bad one. I hadn't asked for it, so can only guess two nurses asked two different doctors on Friday. Wish that one had come first though.

Today I had my treatment appointment and saw the doctors and had a new form for them to fill out for this week and got it filled out correctly. A nurse measured the cavity that they've been packing each day and it really is 10cm deep. It goes from my side to my spine. It's apparently looking good though and this week they will pack it lighter, and all being well next week they will stitch it up the rest of the way. I'll still have nurses coming in all week to do the dressings, but starting tomorrow it'll be the RDNS rather than Flinders Hospital at Home nurses. RDNS is a fee based system but the fee isn't too bad - $24 a month.

I had no problems with turning in the two certificates at Centrelink today aside from it being well past my lunch time and feeling a bit woosy.

My friend from Breaststroke had her check up at the Flinders breast clinic last week and her doctor asked about her scar on her back (she had same reconstruction as me). It was the first time he'd ever asked about it. She mentioned me, not by name, but that I'd had emergency
surgery for an infection in the area and he told her that yes, he and the other breast surgeons have been consulting with the registrars and my original surgeon on my case. I've apparently been a topic of conversation there all last week. I sort of knew that as on my way
outside one day I saw one of the nice breast care nurses and she mentioned she'd 'heard' I was back in hospital again.

Well I guess that's all my news for now. I'm off to go read my comic Emails. I've been accumulating them for months now, so may as well spend sometime healing and getting a chuckle here and there.

No comments: