19 March 2007

19 Mar: Readings & Comments


5.4 / 97 Bedtime 23:51:04
6.6 / 119 Fasting 09:35:21
6.3 / 113 Post-Breakfast 12:17:27
4.7 / 85 Pre-Lunch 14:14:57
5.9 / 107 Post-Lunch 16:06:58
5.2 / 93 Pre-Tea 19:27:55
6.7 / 120 Post-Tea 21:41:42
I've decided I quite like this blogging site. It works for me. It's easy to update and just seems to work without too many extras. This was after having a look at Yahoo's 360 which seems like a knock off of MySpace.

I did some housework today. I started the day off with a slice of crumpet toast and peanut butter, and then tackled a few things that have been on my mental list of things that needed doing. One of those things I probably shouldn't have done was vacuum. However, I used the light rechargable vacuum and it has the advantage of being easy to use plus you can't really over-do because it's battery lasts only long enough to do a very quick job through the house. And that's really all I wanted to do.

Just as I was about to reach one of the harder to vac rugs, the doorbell rang and was the nurse to change my dressing. Great timing. This was a new nurse, and she preferred to work in the dining room with me sitting up. That worked fine for me, and the bandages are much more comfortable because of it. I had two bags of stuff from Hospital @ Home and RDNS so I had her sort through it and take back stuff we're not using (like some dressing covers I'm allergic to). We consolidated it down to only 1 bag, and she's ordered some smaller dressing padding rather than the larger ones that were in my kit. She was here for about 45 minutes so that gave me a good break from vacuuming and I went back to it after she left. I only had about 5 minutes more work to do as it was.

A few days ago I did laundry and as there was Doona cover in the cupboard I'd never noticed before, I had Rod put that on the doona. Well that lasted only one night, as it fit the doona perfectly, but it didn't fit our bed. We ended up having cold feet as we turned it sideways so we were both covered. It turns out (and this wasn't really a total surprise to me) that we've been using a double bed sized doona with queen sized doona covers. Let's see if I can explain this for the American readers. You know the nice comfy comforters you put on beds? The Aussies have a better way. They have a duvet or doona that is the 'inside quilt/comforter part' and then there are doona covers you put on them. Sorta like two sheets sewn together to make a cover for the comforter. Then you only have to wash the cover, not the whole comforter. Apparently Doona is a brand name. Anyway, one of the online stores we get Emails for has doona's and today the queen sized one came with two feather pillows and free shipping. I checked my PayPal account (the site accepts PayPal) and ordered one. This one is 50% down and 50% feather, and is quilted. Now, before you start mumbling about allergies, I've been using a down doona for 10yrs now without any significant allergy problems, so that's not a worry for me. I'll be very pleased when it arrives. Our bed is a double, so having a queen sized cover seems to make sense - more comfy for both of us and no fighting over who has all the covers. It'll make even MORE sense when doona inside it is also queen sized!! Here's the link to what I bought: http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/50-down-feather-queen-size-duvet-doona-2-duck-feather-pillows/

I had the same lunch I had yesterday as there were only 6 more frozen mini spring rolls and a small container of cottage cheese so it was an easy choice. Rod came home shortly after and after discussing the doona on sale I went and bought it. I answered some Email, and then went off to take a nap -- all the extra stuff I'd done in the morning caught up with me. Rod woke me up and together we made tea. He cleaned and sliced the potatoes for me, I made the cheese sauce. He grated some cheese for me. For the chops, he suggested I put them in a foil lined pan and just cover them with thyme and rosemary and then close the foil, and put it in the oven with the potatoes. What a nice EASY tea. After half an hour, I opened the foil to let the meat brown and gave it another 15minutes. We didn't even need to wash the pan the chops were in as the foil kept the moisture and juices in.

Tomorrow I'm making a pork roast. We only buy meat when it's marked down and somehow managed to have about 4 roasts in the freezer and I decided it was time to cook one. So for tea day after tomorrow it will be curried left over pork.

I think we'll have an early night tonight. G'night!

No comments: