18 March 2007

18 Mar: Readings & Comments

5.5    / 99    Bedtime     00:37:58
5.4 / 98 Fasting 10:47:30
4.6 / 82 Pre-Lunch 14:42:16
5.1 / 92 Post-Lunch 17:11:13
4.7 / 85 Pre-Tea 18:26:11
7.0 / 126 Post-Tea 20:40:53


My results have been pretty good lately. Even looking at the 'Big Picture' averages on my website you can see my levels have really dropped. I wonder how much having the infection gone (which they tell me had to have been 'brewing' for months) has made a difference?

I am feeling better but still have moments of tiredness and I got dizzy a couple times today (bent over to put some dishes away and stood up too quick).

For breakfast I had one slice of 'crumpet toast' which is something new and considering it costs nearly $2 for 6 crumpets and crumpet toast comes as a loaf of bread, it's pretty economical if you keep it in the freezer. Anyway, I had it with peanut butter on it. Was nice.

For lunch I had 6 mini spring rolls and about a cup of cottage cheese while reading a book.

I experimented with tea tonight. This was the first I've made our usual Sunday night pizza in a few weeks. This week I made it "Adam's way". My friend Adam has his pizza with no tomato sauce - just a bit of garlic olive oil with cheese on it followed by your regular pizza toppings. The reason for this experiment was to see if it improved my BGL readings which are normally quite high on Sunday nights after pizza. And it worked. my after tea reading was only 7.0 compared to as high as 13.8 in the past. I even had 3 slices instead of 2 like I should have had, and still the results are good.

I had my dressing changed today by the RDNS weekend nurse and tomorrow will have a 'regular' nurse that I'll have all week. Rod spent the day working on his resume and a job application that I helped proof read. I really enjoyed helping with this. I forgot how much I love words and making them all fit together nicely. I should do some writing of my own.

My plan for this evening is to read another couple hundred comic Emails. I'm still catching up from my trip to the USA last year. I'm now up to nearly Christmas though, so maybe by Easter I really will be all caught up.

No comments: