21 March 2007

21 Mar: Readings & Comments & Oh Crud.

4.7  / 84    Bedtime         23:39:32
6.8 / 123 Fasting 09:49:51
7.4 / 134 Post-Breakfast 12:49:39
7.4 / 134 Pre-Lunch 12:49:39
6.7 / 121 Post-Lunch 15:30:19
3.6 / 64 Pre-Tea 18:36:57
6.9 / 124 Post-Tea 20:39:32
I was supposed to do my Post-Breakfast reading at 1pm, but Rod came home and was going to have his lunch so I decided to have mine too, so did my post-breakfast reading a little early and also had lunch about an hour and a half earlier than I suppose I should have, but would rather eat with company than alone. This may have had an effect on my very low reading before tea tonight. Both yesterday and today I just had a sausage roll for lunch, both times fairly early in the afternoon and both days of course I had low readings around my normal tea time.

For tea tonight we had curried left over pork. Instead of rice, Rod just wanted buttered bread, so I had noodles... oh my, what a nice treat. And you can see it didn't take my levels too high either.

Got on the scales today. Last week it was 86 kilos. This week it's 81.5. Yay me!

Now for some not as nice news...

Today I found out that the nurse who was supposed to see me yesterday just 'crossed me off the list' without telling anyone else she had no intentions of seeing me. !!!!! This caused considerable scrambling when I rang yesterday and today Michelle (who will be my regular nurse from now on) made comment about being understaffed today... reading between the lines, I think the one that crossed me off her list got fired. I did say that I didn't want her as my nurse as how could I trust someone who does that?

Unfortunately, it appears I have an infection. There's a green tinge to my dressings that wasn't there until now. And tonight I've started running a fever. I have a note from the nurse about the change for when I see the doctors tomorrow, and they are to write any new instructions for her so I'll have that for her on Friday. Meanwhile though, I don't think I want to be stitched up tomorrow if I'm showing signs of an infection in the wound. I don't think it'd be too good to healing if they were to do that.

Big Heavy Sigh.

Hey, I wonder if this is why I was feeling grumpy yesterday. Today I'm just very subdued and tired. And I took a nap from about 3pm to 6pm today too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sis!

So, you're not feeling like Hoovering around today? Understandable, for sure. I am going to e-mail you a rather strange update of what is occuring here. Spring is in the air, pollen count is almost 1000 (100 is high), and I think a full moon reins over us! I think I need to click my heels 3 times ... or go Hoovering around! I hope you are feeling better now. Love, Middle Sis