30 March 2007

30 Mar: Readings & Comments & Grumbling


5.4 / 97 Fasting 07:59:03 - Should be 'overnight' as I went back to bed.
5.9 / 106 Fasting 11:14:49
7.9 / 143 Post-Breakfast 13:04:22
8.7 / 156 Random 14:03:38 - Really felt quite ill at this point
5.7 / 103 Pre-Lunch 14:51:08 - Took a nap and felt better
5.2 / 93 Pre-Tea 18:29:32
7.7 / 138 Post-Tea 20:40:23 - Fish & Chips
I feel like crap! My side aches and hurts. Boris the VAC hasn't shut up all day. I really have a lot of fluid this time around and he's doing his job, I just wish he weren't driving me slowly insane.

My side started hurting last night and hasn't eased up at all. I had a dressing change today and underneath everything, my back is quite a bit red - I had the nurse take a picture with my phone camera so I could see it. We decided it was wise to get on some antibiotics so I managed to get the very LAST available appointment with anyone at the medical centre I go to. As I couldn't very well show him what was under the vacuum seal, I showed him the photos the hospital took last Friday and then showed him what it looks like this Friday. He agreed that antibiotics are the way to go and gave me a prescription.

I'm still worried about them having to open the wound pockets/tunnels up in my back - I'm just afraid it'd be really painful. The logic behind it is good, but my fear doesn't want to know about logic.

Anyway, I'm tired and grumpy and Rod's on his way to bed so I shall join him. G'night!

No comments: