13 March 2008

Thur 13 March Update

Scratchy: no win. 3356

Learners Permit Theory Test Practice Scores:

Give Way Test: 8 of 8 correct (8 required)
Multiple Choice: 41 out of 42 correct (32 required)

Breakfast: crumpet toast w/ PB
Lunch: 2 low carb tortillas w/ tuna
Tea: subway

Notes: Wow, what a long day. I had an early morning walk before the sun came up and before it got 'too' hot. I did his so that I would have a feeling of accomplishment at the start of the day. I did manage to finish answering an Email that was an interview for a Commodore publication, so that's good, but there's still a heck of a lot I wanted to do that didn't happen. We did grocery shopping tonight and basically stocked up so we shouldn't need to go out over the weekend.

Last week I ordered a Philips cordless phone set (2 handsets) from catchof theday.com.au and they finally arrived this afternoon. I think it will take me a few days to get the phone's address book finished, but it's quite a nice set of phones and we can use them as an intercom system too as well as being able to use it in speaker phone mode -- perfect for when stuck on hold. Good price too. Only $40 or so dollars plus postage and I've been pricing cordless sets for awhile now. Most are closer to the $80-$100 range.

LOL, Rod just called me using the intercom mode from the bedroom ... to find out the password for our old laptop. It's nice to know he's found it useful too.

I'm including some links below about the heatwave, and a few for my daughter to see as I think she'd get a kick out of them.

Steps: 9511


Heatwave Stuff:



Adelaide smashes heatwave record



Nine firefighters burnt in SA blaze



No guarantee of power for SA



Heatwave pressures emergency departments




Funny/Geeky Craft items.....

bunny brains

monster handbag


Funny test question for the Learners test ...

You are driving an older relative for an appointment and are running late. They ask you to go faster to get there on time. You should:
  1. Drop them off at the train station.

  2. Choose a safe speed and say you will not go any faster.

  3. Take the advice of a more experience driver and go faster where you can.

I laughed when I read #1, but by the wording on #2, the person writing up the questions obviously doesn't have any experience with 'older relatives'. Saying you won't go any faster is a certain way to get into a dozy of an argument. The correct answer should be 'Choose a safe speed and don't get drawn into a discussion about it'.

 

No comments: