05 March 2008

Update 1 March - 5 March

Sat 1 March

Breakfast: crumpet toast w/ PB
Lunch: chicken schnitzel w/ bacon, guacamole & cheese
Tea: silverside steak, salad, low carb noodles

Monthly lunch get together. Was only Erik and Anne but very enjoyable. Went to Cove Tavern in Halet Cove. Went shopping in the shopping centre afterwards. Came home, and Rod napped all afternoon while I waited for him to get out of the bedroom so I could clean it. Since the dust storm, I haven't slept too well as I've been waking up coughing and having a general allergy attack. So I wanted to do a thorough clean to remove all the dust and dirt that got in last week. I don't know when he got up from his nap, but I conked out around 4 or 5 and woke up about 6:30. So tea was very very late as I honestly felt getting a better nights sleep was more important to me so I spent the time working on the bedroom. During the process of cleaning I lost my pedometre, but fortunately I found it late last night.


Sun 2 March

Learners Permit Theory Test Practice Scores:

Give Way Test: 8 of 8 correct (8 required)
Multiple Choice: 41 out of 42 correct (32 required)

Breakfast: crumpet toast w/ PB
Lunch: 2 eggs, 1 crumpet toast, bacon.
Tea: pizza (two slices instead of 3)

It was warm today so I defrosted the freezer that's in our fridge. I have a cute picture to go with it too. There was only a small amount of ice cream (homemade, low fat, low sugar, low carb) left so intsead of finding a place for it in the bigger freezer, I opted to eat it. I made comment that 'Life's rough when you have to defrost your freezer' and Rod said it'd make a great photo and caption, so I told him where the camera was and he took a snap. I still have to upload it to Flickr though.

I started out with lots of energy but as the day progressed, I seemed to drag. Rods been working intently on school projects this weekend.

Steps: 6586


Mon 3 March


Learners Permit Theory Test Practice Scores:

Give Way Test: 8 of 8 correct (8 required)
Multiple Choice: 41 out of 42 correct (32 required)

Breakfast: crumpet toast w/ PB
Lunch: pizza (1 slice)
Tea: pork stirfry

The RDNS nurse was very pleased with how wound is looking. I found myself rather subdued again today and turns out I was running a fever. My BGLs go with the fever as well (they were a bit high all day). Have been working on filling out forms for the USA disability. I'm still not done, and have been at it all day.

Steps: 4441



Tue 4 March

Learners Permit Theory Test Practice Scores:

Give Way Test: 8 of 8 correct (8 required)
Multiple Choice: 40 out of 42 correct (32 required)

Breakfast: crumpet toast w/ PB
Lunch: 2 low carb tortillas w/ ham, cheese & onion
Tea: yiros meat and chips.

Had a morning appt with my GP to get the US disability forms filled in and the another for my L plates (having diabetes requires my doctor to certify I'm safe to drive). He renewed my cipro prescription which kinda annoyed me because the wound is much better, and I told him more than once I didn't think the cipro was working very well on the bronchitis. I was surprised he didn't listen to my chest. Ah well, it WAS an appt to fill in forms and we did get that accomplished. Walked home and spent the day still catching up from being away from the computer last week.

I received a beautiful butterfly postcard in the mail from Angelina in Finland today.

Tomorrow I have my L Plates class (like Drivers Ed but without the actual driving), then Jayne, my RDNS nurse comes in the afternoon.

Steps: 5412



Wed 5 March

Learners Permit Theory Test Practice Scores:

Give Way Test: 8 of 8 correct (8 required)
Multiple Choice: 40 out of 42 correct (32 required)

Breakfast: crumpet toast w/ PB
Lunch: cottage cheese & salad
Tea: elbow spaghetti

Had L Plate class today. Went well. Got all the questions on my homework correct. Learned a few things I was unsure about. Had Dave and Kirsty drop me off at Southgate plaza. I dropped in a prescription to be filled (the antibiotics the GP prescribed yesterday), and then did most of my 'walking' at Coles (a grocery store), walking up and down the aisles. It was very hot today so doing my walk in air conditioning was good. The nurse is still pleased with my wound. Next week we can go with just Tues and Thurs visits. I had another quiet day catching up. I'm almost back to where I was a week or two ago.

Steps: 5202 so far

No comments: