11 March 2008

Tue 11 March Update

Scratchy: no win. 3670

Learners Permit Theory Test Practice Scores:

Give Way Test: 8 of 8 correct (8 required)
Multiple Choice: 42 out of 42 correct (32 required)

Breakfast: crumpet toast w/ PB
Lunch: 3 min (Ramen) noodles & cottage cheese
Tea: stirfry with chorizo, fresh brocolli & oyster mushrooms. 6 mins on exercise bike.

Notes: Went to Lymphedema clinic this morning for assessment to see if I qualify for a study on two different types of massages. Sadly, I don't qualify as they require people with 200ml fluid in their arms, and mine are pretty good. It's my back that has the most fluid.

However, because their biometric machine also measures many other things, and I have all my previous reports, there's some stuff I'm really pleased about. For instance, using my first set of measurements in 2003, my muscle mass has increased from 45.2 to 47.6, my lean body mass is up from 47.8 to 50.4 (I assume with the word 'lean' it's better to have a higher amount, I could be totally wrong. My fat mass was 43.6 and is now 40.5, and my bone mass has increased from 2.66 to 2.77. My protien mass is 12.7 which is up from 12.1 -- I think this has to do with the protien rich lymph fluid so that's not a good thing, but it does highlight that it's increased. My intracellular fluid is also up from 22.9 to 24.2. I also have more body water this time around as it was 33.1 in 2003 and is now 34.9. I imagine that's something that varies a great deal from day to day though. Another section anaylzes body fluid in the arms, legs and trunk. Fluid has increased in both my arms and my trunk, but not to the degree I thought it would be. Right arm was 2.01 and is now 2.15, Left arm was 1.95 and is now 2.20. When I was in the Tai Chi studies, my starting and ending measurements for my left arm were also higher than the right, which is weird because it's my right side that had the mastectomy. My legs are in the normal range and haven't really changed much at all. My trunk was 16.5 in 2003 and is now 17.4 which is probably about the biggest difference. My fitness score is MUCH better. It was 73 and is now 79. Go me!

Used exercise bike for 6 mins an after tea, yet reading was still in the 8's. Very annoying.


Steps: 8732

No comments: