29 April 2008

Sun 27 April

10:08:00   6.2  / 112  Fasting
12:36:00 7.3 / 131 Post-Bfast
16:10:00 7.2 / 129 Post-Lunch
19:27:00 5.5 / 99 Pre-Tea
22:22:00 8.7 / 156 Post-Tea

Driving Totals: Daytime: 545 mins of 2400 req // Nighttime: 200 mins of 600 req

W: 89.5

Scratchy: none.

Breakfast: 2 leftover chicken wings
Lunch: Scrambled egg and 2 crumpet toasts
Tea: 2 slices pizza

Notes: For our drive today, I drove to Mt Compass, and then back to Willunga where we parked and walked up and down the main street. Unfortunately I left my camera at home. There's a really big hill at Willunga, so I have experienced it in both the chugging uphill direction and the flying downhill, trying to maintain a speed of 80km. Very fun.

When I first came to Australia, I had my very first freak out in a car while on this hill. Vicki's late husband Ray was driving, and when we got to the hill, it has passing lanes, so he passed a few slow cars -- in passing speed. OMG, it freaked me out and I valiantly tried so hard not to show it. I used to have panic attacks in cars all the time in Michigan. I don't much here in Australia, which is what makes that experience all the more memorable.

Willunga is a nice quiet little town full of botique shops. We window shopped and then stopped at the Alma (a pub) where instead of having a beer while listening to the Sunday afternoon band, we had yuppy cappichinos. L-Platers and their driving supervisors have to have a zero alcohol level. Still was a good band, a nice cuppa, and it got us out of the rain that started just as we reached that end of town, and our car was parked in the centre of town. The outing gave me another 80 minutes driving time too.

Steps: 4405

No comments: