09 April 2008

Wed 9 April Update

08:28:27   7.6  / 136  Fasting     
13:03:31 5.8 / 105 Pre-Lunch
16:37:34 5.8 / 104 Post-Lunch
18:38:13 5.1 / 91 Pre-Tea
21:22:27 7.4 / 134 Post-Tea

Scratchy: $2 on $1 4897 steps

Breakfast: the usual.
Lunch: salad with chicken and cottage cheese.
Tea: stirfry veggies w/ thin noodles and 2 pcs honey soy chicken breast

Notes: Had an appt with my GP for test results, which overall were pretty good. Looking back on the appt though, I pretty much think he called me a liar but phrased it as I have a 'perception problem'. I've always kept him apprised of my walking stats and such and yet because my weight has increased (honest, I swear I gained 10k in a weeks time, a few weeks ago. One day my pants were falling off me and the next nothing fit) he seems to think that I am making up numbers like my steps in a day. I'm not. I have a pedometer. I write what I eat in diary entries. Anyway, I'm not happy about that. I also showed him how my right ankle is turning my foot out to the right, and he told me to walk on uneven surfaces. He decided to run a TSH test on the blood still at the lab and called it in. This is due to maybe my weight change isn't me lying about my activity and food intake - it could be due to a thyroid problem. He said he doubted it though because it doesn't fit with my 'activity level'. Which is when I told him I fall asleep at the computer constantly. I love how my activity level is a lie and yet not a lie at the same time. I will get the results back on Friday when I'm to go in for my flu shot. The thing is, here you get a prescription filled at the pharmacy for your vaccine and take the vaccine to your GP appointment for the shot. Well, the pharmacy is out of vaccines and apparently a lot of the other ones are too. So if it's not in on Friday, no flu shot until the vaccine does come in.

Both yesterday and today I have crashed in the late afternoon, totally exhausted and dropping instantly off to sleep. I think some of it is because I'm hardly sleeping at night. Apparently last night I yelped in my sleep in pain and not only did I wake myself up, but also woke up Rod (who can sleep through just about anything). So I'm probably crashing in the afternoons from lack of sleep rather than excessive caffiene use.

Here are my test results:

HBA1C: 6.8 (up from 6.7 in December)
Cholesterol 3.4
Tri 2.1
HDL 1.3
LDL 1.1
Vitamin D: 80 (60-160 is normal).

Steps: 7593

No comments: