03 April 2008

Thurs 3 April Update

10:27:57   6.7  / 121  Fasting  fasting blood test this AM
13:07:47 5.7 / 103 Post-Bfast
16:54:35 5.0 / 90 Pre-Lunch
19:17:45 7.0 / 126 Post-Lunch
21:53:42 4.5 / 81 Pre-Tea
Scratchy: $3 on $2. 3855 steps

Breakfast: Ham and Cheese bakery roll and cottage cheese
Lunch: Toasted lamb sandwich made with sample Bakers Delight low GI bread.
Tea: KFC.

Notes: Walked to GPs office for blood tests, then picked up a scratchy ticket and a ham and cheese roll for my breakfast and walked home. I drove Rod to school in the early afternoon (I think he's starting to like being chauffuered). I took a stack of requested paperwork to Centrelink, and then wandered around waiting for Rod to finish class. Drove to Woodside and picked up a 2-tier garment rack for $20 at The Warehouse. I let Rod drive home.

We had a very late lunch. After it got dark, we left to do shopping, with me driving (in the RAIN, at NIGHT). For my driving log with my Learners license, I have to have 50 hours of driving experience and 10 hours of that has to be at night so we went shopping at our 'old' shopping center at Seaford, just so I would have the night time driving experience. After we got groceries, I drove us to the KFC near where we live and Rod had me go through the drive through, which even the guy at the one counter told me how to manuerver the next curve because apparently everyone hits either kerb (left or right) as it's pretty poorly designed. We had to wait for our order and then apparently there was a mix up so they gave us extra chicken, 2 big tubs of potato and gravy (of which I can only have the gravy), an extra lg chips and for good measure they added a bottle of Pepsi. Wow, that was nice. And I can't believe I've had over 14k steps... mind, the stuff I did this morning seems like it was a year ago. I'm sure I'll sleep well tonight.

I made an appt for next week to go over the test results with the GP. I also made double sure that both my iron and HBA1C were being tested. Last time, the lab didn't do the HBA1C which was rather annoying.

As I'd been in the bakery a few days before, the sales girl recognised me and offered for me to try their new low GI bread. They had pre-wrapped slices to give away to regular customers. And I was pleased that unlike some other breads I've tried, this bread really did not cause my BGLs to spike. So, that freebie was well worth it. I'll probably get a loaf to keep in the freezer. I don't have bread that often, but it'd be nice to have some available that I can have without any problems with it.

Steps: 14,819

No comments: