22 April 2008

Tue 22 April

08:06:50   6.7  / 120  Fasting     
10:56:53 7.6 / 136 Post-Bfast
12:18:33 6.8 / 122 Pre-Lunch
18:44:10 5.1 / 91 Pre-Tea
21:41:53 6.9 / 124 Post-Tea

Driving Totals: Daytime: 450 mins of 2400 req // Nighttime: 115 mins of 600 req

Scratchy: No win. 5768 steps

Breakfast: crumpet toast w/ PB & drop honey.
Lunch: cuppa soup w/ 3min ramen noodles and cottage cheese
Tea: Yiros meat (lamb) & chips

Notes: RDNS appt went well. Still a bit of green ooze so will keep Thurs A.M. RDNS appt and will discuss swab/antibiotics with GP today when I get my flu shot. Stopped at chemist on Beach Rd for diabetes supplies. Stopped at Heathers store for USB faceplate, to move one 2.0 slot from in back to the front. Picked up mailing satchels for sending off bookcrossing list books. Picked up flu vaccination from chemist.

Later, walked to GP office, had flu shot and Dr. Lim looked at hole in my side. He was the GP that originally sent me to the hospital last year when the abcess was found. He said it's never going to heal correctly or quit oozing unless they go back in and clean up what's behind it properly. (This is similar to what my regular GP has voiced several times). I explained that the Flinders Plastics Treatment team (they're the ones who did the abscess surgery, as well as the reconstructive surgery) have said repeatedly 'no surgery. let it repair in its own time', mainly because I'm diabetic and heal slowly. He asked who my breast surgeon was and I told him. He said I know him very well. I'll have a word with him. And wrote himself a note that he tucked in his shirt pocket. I did mention that my other GP had also talked with the same surgeon, but that he (the breast doctor) has to tow a line with the plastics people so as not to get any one upset. (Fsking politics, I'm telling you). Anyway, that was interesting - to have a second opinion on my ongoing saga. He didn't see a need for further antibiotics.

Afterwards, I posted off a bookcrossing book I couldn't finish and am sending on to the next bookring participant ('The Almost Moon' by Alice Sebold. I just couldn't cope with the gruesomeness of the events. I dropped off some prescriptions and got my hair cut.

Tonight I've been reading Email (catching up as I'm a bit behind) and will shortly be doing my stats and then trying some more things with printing my neighbours photos for her.

Steps: 6967 so far

No comments: