10 April 2008

Thur 10 April Update

08:51:13   8.4  / 152  Fasting     
11:43:18 8.5 / 153 Post-Bfast
14:12:00 5.1 / 92 Pre-Lunch
18:10:57 6.6 / 119 Pre-Tea
21:09:34 8.0 / 144 Post-Tea

Scratchy: No win. 4191 steps

Breakfast: the usual
Lunch: Wendy's hotdog
Tea: KFC

Notes: RDNS again today. Went well. She (a nurse that hasn't seen me before) commented that my back feels hard. I explained it was either the cavity that I still have, but it's not connected to the hole in my side, or it's lymphedema or a bit of both (most likely). Bought myself 2 pairs of traky daks (track pants) and a pair of long johns today. $8 each for the daks and $5 for the long johns. Not bad. Drove Rod to Tafe and he had only one complaint (I didn't indicate at one of the roundabouts).

And, let the freebie diabetes glucose meters wars begin! I got a letter from Medic Alert (the braclet people) today letting me know that from now on Members will receive a choice between 2 different glucose monitors made by Abbott. WAY cool, because one of them is one that I've wanted but its price always put me off. So I sent in the form telling them which one I want immediately. If you're reading this and an Australian that's diabetic, I can give you a thing so you can get the meter too, but you do have to become a Medic Alert member. But hey, that's 2 free meters in 2 weeks. I love it. I'll really be able to give these a good try and then decide which one I'm going to stick with. Since I get the strips for a very low price from being on the NDSS, the only other thing is the price of any cables and/or software for being able to easily get my data into the computer. I have to order the one for the MWD Pen Sensor as it turns out that micro USB cables are not all as common as I thought they were (and Rod discovered that too). The cable for the Freestyle Papillon Mini is like $69 (for SA Diabetes members - more for the general public), and it comes with software. However, as my regular everyday meter uses a serial cable too, I hopefully won't need to buy a cable, and I can download the software from the website. I hope that's the case as it's the one meter that I have always wanted to have but because of the cost for both the meter and the cable (over $100 for both), I've shied away from it. Two things it has going for it is that it's tiny, and it's backlit. Oh, and uses even less blood than my current meter.

Well here I go nodding off again. Sigh. Time to go do something else so I can wake up a bit.

Steps: 6776

No comments: